Saturday, August 07, 2010

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Year: 2010

Why'd I Watch It?: Jake Gyllenhaal.

What's It About?: A guy who is framed for the murder of his king father and finds out this bitchy priestess chick has a dagger that can make you time travel, then bad things happen.

What'd I Think?: I am biased for two reasons. 1) I saw this with Elizabeth late on a Sunday night where we were the only people in the theater, got to openly riff it and play "Yakety Sax" during the fight scenes, etc. 2) I find Jake Gyllenhaal extremely dreamy, as you may know. Still, neither of these were able to blind me from how Jerry Bruckheimer this movie was. He almost out Michael Bay-ed Michael Bay at points. The dialogue was not very good, leading to the actors having to deliver awful dialogue as best as they could, which never sounds good. Eh. It was a lot of fun, though. And Alfred Molina had ostriches.

Rating: 3 waffles

No comments: