Saturday, August 07, 2010

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Year: 2006

Why'd I Watch It?: I liked the first one.

What's It About?: Pirates and more curses.

What'd I Think?: Forget Capt.Jack Sparrow. Screw Will Turner. Whatever Davy Jones. It's totally all about James Norrington in this one. He's drunk, he's sassy, and boy, is he hot. Overall, a fun movie. I kinda liked it better than the first one, but probably not as much as I'll like the third one (unless they just mess it up royally). The bad guys were kinda silly, where undead skeleton pirates were just kickass. Elizabeth Swann annoyed the crap out of me in this one. seems like some original character in fanfic. She's pretty, she can sword fight, she's bad ass enough to personally threaten the main bad guy and impersonate a male deckhand, and she gets to lead on the three most attractive men in the series. She's annoying and a shameless hussy. The end. I also want just about every character's coat in that movie, not to mention Tia Dalma's dress...I have a lot of thoughts on this movie, most of them exceedingly trivial.

Rating: 4 1/2 waffles

No comments: