Sunday, June 05, 2011

X-Men: First Class

Year: 2011

Why'd I Watch It?: Because I had faith despite being horribly burned by the last two installments of the franchise.

What's It About?: Charles and Erik becoming loversfriends and their subsequent break up, and also the origins of the x-team.

What'd I Think?: I seriously loved it, like woah. McAvoy and Fassbender are perfect. It's a well done comic book movie, better than almost anything else in the genre, except maybe TDK (honestly TDK pretty much transcends the comic book movie genre into actual legit film territory). I mean, sure it has some problems, but I'm willing to overlook them, like continuity errors with the other films and with characters in the film vs in the comics. Seriously guys, it's a comic book movie.

Rating: 5 waffles

No comments: